Youth Leadership Programme Lebanon
About UNDP YLP 6
YLP 6 aims to support and empower young women and men change-makers to design and implement innovative, impactful and sustainable development solutions, whether these be social enterprises, non-profits, NGOs, initiatives, or campaigns. YLP 6 will contribute to the achievement of the SDGs. The theme for YLP 6 is accelerating innovative solutions for sustainable development. YLP 6 will focus on supporting the development of youth’s innovative solutions to addressing sustainable development challenges with special focus on SDG 16 and climate change.
Applying to UNDP YLP 6 Lebanon
You are eligible to apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Age between 19 – 29
- Lebanese nationality
- Fluency in Arabic language, English is an asset
- Both experienced and inexperienced participants are encouraged to apply
- High motivation and interest in social work and social change
By participating in this Programme, Lebanese youth will have a chance of a lifetime to: accelerate implementation of their ideas for social change, develop their leadership potential, develop their skills in various social innovation approaches and methodologies, strengthen their gender sensitive lens and skills, improve their advocacy and presentation skills, and become a member of a dynamic network of young leaders and innovators.
All participants will receive a certificate of participation. Distinguished and committed participants might have the chance to attend regional and global workshops.
Participants are expected to participate in workshops and hand-on activities at least 1 day per week from April till August.
YLP 6 will consist of 7 phases as follows:
- Launching the application (mid February – mid March 2020)
- Reviewing submitted applications and contacting accepted participants (end of March 2020)
- Attending 1 day innovation camp (mid April 2020)
- Attending workshops and hands-on activities on weekly basis (mid April – July 2020)
- Pitching at the partner’s level (July/August 2020)
- YLP 6 Closing event (August 2020)
- YLP Regional Workshop (September 2020)
- ECOSOC Forum (April 2021)
No. There is no registration fee to apply to or participate in this programme.
In order to apply to UNDP YLP 6, follow the following steps:
- Press on “Apply Now” button
- Register a new account/Login to your account
- Finish the introductory online course (30 minutes)
- Pass the assessment quiz
- Fill your application and press on submit (20 minutes)
Note: You can continue the course at anytime and your progress will be saved.
Deadline: 18 March 2020